October 20th 2023.
Spider-Man 2 is out now for PS5 and it's here to make all your web-slinging dreams come true. But whether you're a veteran of the original or a newcomer to the franchise, take our hand and let us guide you through the new features and updates.
Barbenheimer may have set the movie world alight with his latest release, but video game companies tend to have a bad habit of clashing releases. This year, we've already seen Baldurfield and Baldur's Gate 3 come out for PlayStation at the same time, and now the two titans of gaming, Spider-Man 2 and Super Mario Bros. Wonder, have come to the fore.
Spider-Man 2 is the sequel that we've all been waiting for, and while the basics are familiar, there's plenty of new features, combat mechanics and navigation to get to grips with. There's also two different Spider-Men to play as, each with their own unique powers, so if you want to hit the ground running read on to find out our 10 spoiler-free tips on how to make the most of the game.
1. One of the most important things to remember with Spider-Man 2 is that you have two characters to choose from. Don't forget that you can switch between them at any point during the game, and don't be afraid to do this if you get stuck in a particular encounter. It's also important to note that Miles has the ability to turn invisible for short periods - very handy for stealth missions!
2. Whenever you're in pursuit of something, remember that web-swinging is faster than gliding. Get the most speed out of your swings by using the web-zip ability to move horizontally, though you'll need a building nearby to web-zip onto.
3. Combat often involves a lot of enemies at once, so ALWAYS be aware of your surroundings and which enemies are the highest priority. Take out robots and mini-bosses first, as they can cause major damage if allowed to get too close.
4. Don't forget about the power of the triangle button - it's the single most useful move in the game. You can use it to snag distant enemies and cause major damage in one attack. Just be careful not to waste it on an enemy who's already close to death.
5. Don't forget to use your gadgets in combat - they can launch enemies, web them up, or be used in combos to deal with a crowd. Upgrading them will make them even more powerful, so make sure to take advantage of this.
6. You can still web swing while in combat, and it's a great way to catch your breath and survey the situation. Use the square button to attack enemies while you're swinging, and you can give them a good hard kick.
7. Don't forget about the side quests - they're great for getting the items you need to upgrade your characters. They may be random and sometimes repeat, but you rarely see the same one twice, so make sure to take advantage of the rewards on offer.
8. Fast travel takes a while to unlock, but remember that you can still cross the river without web-swinging across a bridge. Look for the catapult symbol on the mini-map and use the currents to get a big boost.
And there you have it, our top 10 spoiler-free tips for Spider-Man 2. Good luck - you'll need it to face off against Venom!
If you're looking for more gaming news and reviews, follow us on Twitter, leave a comment below, or sign up to our newsletter. And if you want to submit Inbox letters or Reader's Features more easily, use our Submit Stuff page here.
Sign up to our exclusive gaming content to get the latest releases before they hit the site. Sign up now and join the adventure!
[This article has been trending online recently and has been generated with AI. Your feed is customized.]